Tuesday 22 May 2012

Haden Hill Park 22nd May

Well the sun was shining, so wrapped my lunch up and toddled off to Haden Hill & Corngreaves NR. Not the best time of day, too many dog walkers and it was rather hot! Still musn't complain.

So I wasn't expecting much and that was what I got! Well after Mull what can you expect! Started off with a couple of nice Nuthatches though:

The pool had the usual supects, Canada Geese, Coot & Mallard, unusually no Moorhen about that I could see.
Through the NR heard plenty of Chiffchaff, had a brief glimpse of Willow Warbler, then Wren (3) Great Tit, Blue Tit, Robin, Blackbird, Greenfinch and Goldfinch.
As I was heading back a GS Woodpecker flew over and back towards Corngreaves Hall, so as I had a bit of time I looped back around and found him! (Of course he stayed in the shade and  wouldn't let me get to close)
So apart from Crows, Rook, Woodpigeon and Magpies, nothing much else, so headed out of the NR back into the park, where the Wild Garlic was abundant and smelt fantastic (if you like Garlic!)
Just going to add one Blackbird who was posing nicely and singing for his supper! (Well lunch!)

I walked home via the canal and picked up a missing Moorhen!!!!!!!
These Iron Moorhens are to be found all along the canal



No comments:

Post a Comment