Wednesday 15 February 2012

Surprise in the Park!

Well decided to get out lunch time for some exercise and stretch my legs, So a brisk walk around Haden Hill was called for.
Into the park and nothing much to report, Wood Pigeon, Crow, Blackbird and Blue Tit, so I headed on my usual route down to the lower pool and could see the usual suspects their, Mute Swan, Mallard, Coot, Moorhen and Black Headed Gull, no sign of the Canada Geese today. We get a lot of duck hybrids on the pool, so was surprised when amongst the ducks something stood out. To my astonishment there was a female Goosander, definitely a first (for me) at Haden Hill. I wonder if anyone has recorded one there before.
I didn't have my Camera with me as I still need to take my 300mm lens in for repair and the weather is dull anyway. Never mind!
I continued around the park and added:
Chaffinch, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Redwing, Goldfinch, Bullfinch, Buzzard, Magpie and Rook.
Dropped by the pool on my way circuit back and the Goosander was still there.

Just proves you never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment