Thursday 18 October 2012

It's All Gone Quiet Over Here...

On Tuesday, I managed to get out at lunch time and get up to Haden Hill, to see if I could see the Kingfisher and check if any Redwings had turned up yet.

I hastened down to the lower pool and hung around for a while but sadly no sign of the Kingfisher. In fact the pool was really quiet as was the reserve, unless of course you wanted to see Woodpigeon or Magpie!

The pool had about 50 Mallard, 3 Canada Geese, 1 Black-headed Gull, plus some Coot and Moorhens, that was it!
Where have all my mates gone?

Just about managed to get all 3 in one shot!
Walking around the only other birds to be seen were a couple of Blackbirds, a Blue Tit, Rook, Crow and a low flying Buzzard that I nearly missed. That was it!

So I took a photo of a Crow and some fungi just to prove I'd been there


The following day after doing some shopping up Blackheath I returned home via the Powke Lane POS and Canal with an even worse result than the day before, nothing on the canal, nothing in the fields apart from Magpie and nothing through the Woodland back to the house, I did hear some Sparrows but that was all.

Just hope this weekend  isn't as bad!


No comments:

Post a Comment