Wednesday 15 May 2013

Bournville & Bournbrook

Courtesy of Virgin Media and their rubbish broadband service, I have had to go into the office today to do the work planned for today.

So I took the opportunity again to swing around the park whilst the big chunk of my work was running at lunch time. Sadly I didn't have a camera with me, the blossom on the trees around the pond and nearby roads is stunning and I would have loved a photo or two.

Birdwise, nothing spectacular, although a Great Spotted Woodpecker in the trees by the pond gave me great close up views, didnt need any bins to get a good look and 'she' stayed around for a few minutes.

There were quite a few House Martins skimming the pond, plus plenty of Canade Geese, Mallard, Coot, Moorhen and a solitary Greylag. In the park just what you would expect, Starling, Rook, Crow, Woodpigeon, House Sparrow, Robin, Blue Tit and Great Tit.

As I left the pond area about half a dozen Swift circled above, so a pleasant half hour stroll between the showers.

No comments:

Post a Comment